How to play the Movie Haiku Game
Welcome to the "Guess The Movie Haiku" game. I thought I would give a few tips to those new to our little competition.
Objective: Correctly guess the movie described by the haiku.
- Post as many guesses as you like to this blog or "in reply" to linked social media sites.
- Share a tough haiku with friends to enhance the game play experience for everyone. Working as a team is encouraged.
- Ask for a private clue by sharing the haiku through social media with your friends. "Tag" me in the post. I will directly message you a clue with swift haste.
- Submit a movie for me to haiku about. I haven't seen them all, but I do enjoy a challenge.
- Using search engines is highly frowned upon and discouraged when perplexed by a particular haiku. We all haven't seen every movie, so check with a friend when stumped.
- Should you guess correctly, you will receive cheers of adoration from me. Then I will delete your guess to keep the game going for others. Don't take this personal. Your clearly a genius and capable of rational thought.
- Consider your context clues.
- What do you know about Matthew?
- What type of movies would he "haiku" about?
- Use every clue.
- The name of the game is a clue.
- Each line is a clue.
- Consider every word. You get 17 syllables to solve each puzzle.
- Do not be mislead by play on words. Some haikus are easy and others are for the hard core movie goer.
Thanks for playing.
p.s. Let me know how I can edit this post to be more clear or concise.
Find all of my haikus at www.matthewortegadesign.com/my-blog